Friday, January 23, 2009

There! The sun shines on the green wall.
Wall of the forest facade.
I see just the first bank of trees
in leaf, showy and bright.
But vision is not just of this-
Penetrating, I see.
I’ve been there before,
beyond the facade;
I’ve walked through the layer of bright-lit green,
I’ve walked through the light.
Away from song and dance of everyday.
Into the past, the future;
and into the silence of now.
Even the rustle and twitching of unseen events
adds to the silence of a softer hue.
Sings of a cool summer shade
and touches the glade of memory:
Your first breath in my ear.
The word before I knew
your name...

I walk. I sit.
I dream and fly.
And we are together-
beyond the facade and the song.
Till the sun’s angle changes everything.
And there is but one peace.
And love.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Covered with the flowers,
Instantly I'd like to die
In this dream of ours!