Wednesday, May 7, 2008

WORDS


Well past midnight I close my eyes,
and old terrors come to call,
An angel whispers in my ear
as it flies past on ancient wings,
A melody echoes in my heart,
or drops of dew descend from
the dense, enveloping air
splashing me with inspiration:
a single word, a turn of phrase,
some piece of spirit that
calls out to be heard.

The words fit nicely
into notches of my imagination
where meaning lays itself bare.
I search with a musician’s ear
for the one and only word
that fits there,
The feng shui of the written word.

A few months back,
poems were spilled out
full of hormones and angst,
suffering and loss...
but now they move slowly,
they kick and yawn their way out.
They laze in the back of my mind
in an imaginary hammock
among tall pines in blue shaded mountains
and enjoy themselves,
each poem contented, well-honed;
like warm chocolate covered cherries
just waiting to be savored..


Statutory Warning: (It's now exactly a year since I discobhered..) NEVER laugh out aloud if somebody (jokingly)accuses your "best friend" of being a paedophile!!!
trusht me-he might cease to be then...F I means :( :D n you'll feel strange,sometimes :|

image courtesy: deviantart.com
put it just cuz I liked it verry much.hihi

8 comments:

Sameera Ansari said...

That was very well-exclaimed!

I did not get the connection between the poem and the annotation though..

jyotsana said...

this one was different from the last ones.going thru the birth pangs of writing.
ps. ya that thing about abstract ...the comment on my blog...did u mean feelings, emotions...if so ill come back to it soon...and yes its possible. meditation is a great healer.

Sayani said...

well i opine that is the way all feelings get channelized isn't it?
keep well

The Mad Girl said...

Very Nice!
paedophile? your best friend? who? when? what? where? why?

the pheonix rises said...

superb!beuuutyphoool!!!:D
n don't even begin telling me dat da paedophile thingy was responsible 4 it all;not 4 u atleast! :O :|

Cinderella said...

The poem was really nice. And I culd sense the connection you wanted to wshtablish with the differnt phases of your poetry.
have been thru it...
Nice.

Though I dint get the post-script.

the basu said...

@sameera:u b kind :)n dere was none whatsoever..the date was an anniversary of some sort so..

@jyotsana: ya right.
ya i meant emotions n feelings.plz do

@s.ghosh: hmm..thanks for coming over :)

@madg: do I have to tell the name;)
i'll come back to dis...dis actually be the most comprehensive reason(seemingly)for hij anger!:(
n am not being sarcastic k?

@sneha: thank eu..actually I still don't no...this be the worst I can think of apart from that bou-churi thing ;) 4 me,noo noooo

@cindrella: yayy!!cindrella connects!thank you
just bear da warning in ur mind k?:)

Sreetama said...

The poem is beautiful but I really don't get its connection with the P.S :O